----------------------------------------------------------------------------- BANK PANIC -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-THE CHARACTERS [SEE BPNC-1.BMP]
(1) HERO Fighting alone against the fearless bank robbers, you are a daring gunman and a quick draw artist who can shoot 2 or 3 people at one time. "who is opening the door to come in?". You as the HERO are now the only person who can save the bank from falling victim to these outlaws.
(2) HARDWORKING JOHN They deposit the money bags. ($) If you shoot them by mistake, you lose one player.
(3) SAM, THE COWARD * Being held up at gun point from behind, they appear in the same manner as JOHN, but without holding a money bag. * Behind them the Group B's Robbers are hiding (SEE section: "Trick Robber-Group B"). * When the Group B's Robbers appear, shoot them under FAIR conditions (see NOTE below) and SAM will give you 200 points.
(4) LUCKY MARY * Without being captured by the robber, they deposit the money bag(s) ($) safely. * Shooting them by mistake results in the loss of one player.
(5) UNLUCKY ANN * They are the unlucky women who where captured by the robber. They are held up at gun point by the robbers in the same manner as in the case of SAM. * Behind them, the Group B's Robbers are hiding. * When the Group B's Robber appears, shooting him in a FAIR fight will earn you 500 points from ANN.
(6) COOL-HEADED CASHIER * When a money bag ($) is deposited at the cashier's window, you earn a 1,000 point BONUS. * The position where the cashier is varies depending on each round.
(7) HOPE, A NEW-RICH * They are bound with rope. Shooting at the rope once will result in the rope coming loose, and there depositing 3 money bags of 1,000 points each. * If you do not shoot at the rope, the figure disappears from the screen soon and the Group B's Robber then appears. * When shooting the Group B's Robber in a FAIR fight, 200 points are awarded, the same as in the case of SAM.
(8) CHILDREN WHO RESPECT YOU, THE HERO * On their heads, they have hats and a box which contain a special scoring opportunity for you. * In both of rounds 1 and 2, shoot 3 times to hit the three hats; in both of rounds 3 and 4, shoot 4 times to hit the 4 hats; in each of rounds 5 and onward, shoot 5 times to hit the 5 hats. When the 5 hats are hit and fly off, the box turns into a money bag. * As the rounds proceed, the period of time during which the door is open, becomes shorter and shorter.
(9) QUICK DRAW SHOOTER-ROBBER GROUP A * Appears with the mark on his head. When the mark disappears, the Group A's Robber is ready and the timer starts to count down. * The shorter your shooting time is, the higher the BONUS POINTS will be. * As the round proceed, the frequency of the Group A's Robber's appearances increase and also the Robberís shooting speed becomes faster.
(10) THE ROBBER'S BOSS He is a hateful and formidable foe who will not be killed unless he is hit 2 times.
NOTE FAIR Signifies that you have shot the robber after he was in a ready position and your shooting time is indicated.
UNFAIR Signifies that you shot the robber before he was ready. Whether your action is FAIR or UNFAIR can be determined by the WANTED circular that appears on the screen after the actual shooting (SEE section: "Wanted Circular").
(11) TRICKY ROBBER-GROUP B * Hiding themselves behind SAM, HOPE and ANN, they suddenly appear when the person in front of them disappears. * The timer starts to count down in the same manner as for the Group A Robbers. * When shooting them under FAIR conditions, 200 points can be scored in the cases of SAM and HOPE, and 500 points in the case of ANN. * The shorter your shooting time is, the higher the BONUS POINTS will be.
NOTE The following 2 kinds of robbers will appear. The point you earn when shooting at 0:00 (immediately after the robber pulls his gun) vary depending on the kind of robber (SEE section: "Score and Bonus"): 1. The robber who wears a red shirt, brown vest and yellow mask. 2. The robber who wears a green shirt, brown vest and blue mask.
PURPOSE OF THE GAME Let's have JOHN, MARY and the other people in the town deposit their money bags in all of the bank's 12 windows. The children's hats, in addition to in the box, are special scoring opportunities. Attack the robbers and their bosses by using your gun.
GAME OVER Start the game play with the allotted 3 HEROES. When all of them are lost, the game is over.
NOTE One HERO is lost in the following cases: 1. When the player is shot by the robber or his boss. 2. When the player shoots the townsfolk by mistake. 3. When the dynamite laden bomb explodes (SEE section: "Pigeon Clock"). 4. When the time is over (SEE section : "Time").
One HERO is added in the following cases: 1. When the score exceeds the points mentioned below: 70,000. 200,000. 500,000. 900,000. 1,500,000. and 2,000,000. 2. When all of the EXTRA letters are collected (SEE section: "Extra Bonus").
For 1 player, push the START button of the 1P CONTROL PAD.
FOR 1 PLAYER You are the quick draw shooter and everybody's HERO. Gun down the robbers so as to get as many money bags deposited as possible.
EXTRA PLAYER An additional HERO is awarded when the score exceeds the points mentioned below: 70,000. 200,000. 500,000. 900,000. 1,500,000. and 2,000,000.
(1) He is the HERO [SEE BPNC-3.BMP] (2) When the score exceeds the first 70,000 points, an additional HERO is awarded. [SEE BPNC-4.BMP]
[SEE BPNC-5.BMP] (1) Person approaching the door meter (2) Pigeon clock (3) Meter which shows the remaining time
1UP (the score of Player 1) TOP (high score) EXTRA (SEE section: "Extra Bonus") TIME
TIME * The colored indication on the time meter gradually becomes shorter and shorter. When the remaining time is exhausted, time is over. * When the remaining time is almost exhausted, the color turns into RED from BLUE. * The more the remaining time is, the higher will be the BONUS POINT.
-PERSON APPROACHING THE DOOR METER [SEE BPNC-6.BMP]
* When the indication (A) goes down to position (B),a person appears through the door. * Let's have the townsfolk deposit the money bags at the windows. When the money bags are deposited ,the ($) mark indication appears in (C) shown in the illustration (see NOTE). * When the dynamite is set at the door, the bomb indication in the above- mentioned (C) space will blink. * (D) Shows the window number. The 3 consecutive door numbers will become red in a manner so as to assist you in sighting.
NOTE * Even when the money bag is deposited at the window, the ($) indication in the aforementioned (C) space suddenly disappears sometimes. This happens when the money bag has been stolen by the robber. * When the ($) indication disappears as mentioned above, set your sight on the door whose number is shown below the space (C) that becomes empty and the robber with the money bag (as illustrated) appears. Shoot the robber and regain the money bag.
-PIGEON CLOCK [SEE BPNC-7.BMP]
Pendulum (A) turns into a timer when the dynamite is set at the door. (A) The bomb explodes when reaching (0) by counting down from (99)>(0).
* When the bomb appears on the (C) portion of the PERSON APPROACHING THE DOOR meter, shoot the dynamite set at the door whose number is indicate under (C) and thus prevent its explosion. * (B) Shows the average time when shooting the robber under FAIR conditions during playing. (In the case of the boss who canít be killed unless he is shot 2 times, the shooting time for each of 2 shots is calculated.)
When the robber is shot, the WANTED CIRCULAR in which FAIR or UNFAIR is determined and also scores are given, will appear.
(1) FAIR (Your shooting time appears.) [SEE BPNC-8.BMP] (2) UNFAIR (Sorry, impatience is a thing to be carefully avoided.) [SEE BPNC-9.BMP]
TO THE PLAYER WHO IS ANXIOUS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE GAME
When the round is cleared, the following BONUS points are scored.
1. DOLLARS (BONUS for the money bags deposited)
The score point that can be earned depends on the number of money bags ($) deposited at the windows. 1-12 bags... Number of ($) x 50 points 13-24 bags... Number of ($) x 100 points 25-36 bags... Number of ($) x 150 points 37th bag and onward... No points are scored.
2. "FAIR" AVERAGE POINTS [SEE BPNC-10.BMP] (QUICK DRAW SHOOTING BONUS)
After clearing a round, your FAIR AVERAGE time appears on the screen. Depending on this AVERAGE time, the following BONUS points are awarded:
A Your FAIR average time
0:00 sec. 10,000 points 0:01 sec. 9,000 points 0:02 sec. 8,000 points 0:03 sec. 7,000 points 0:04 sec. 6,000 points 0:05 sec. 5,000 points 0:06 sec. 4,000 points 0:07 sec. 3,000 points 0:08 sec. 2,000 points 0:09 sec. 1,000 points 0:10 sec. No point
3. BONUS (time BONUS) The more the remaining time there is, the higher the points that you can score.
* This game can be continued indefinitely until all of your HEROES are lost. * As rounds proceed, more and more fast draw robbers will appear and also, the number of dynamite bombs will increase. As such, there are many hazards awaiting you.
-SCORE AND BONUS
* When the money bag is deposited at the window, you earn the following points:
The first bag............. 200 points The second bag............ 400 points The third bag............. 600 points
Thereafter, 1,000 points are scored every time a money bag is deposited.
* Special scoring opportunity ($) from the children... 1,000 points * Deposit by HOPE, a new-rich ($) 1,000 points x 3 (those who are bound with rope) * Regaining a stolen money bag... 1,000 points * A money bag deposited at the cashier's window (BONUS)... 1,000 points * When shooting under UNFAIR conditions: A robber in group A/B... 100 points Boss.........100 + 100 = 200 points (When shooting the boss, 100 points per shot and thus 200 points for shooting 2 times are scored.) * When shooting under FAIR conditions: Score points vary depending on the time. The same scoring method applies to the Robbers in group A/B, and the Bosses. For the Bosses, the first shot and the second shot are separately scored.
0:00 Shooting the robber wearing the red shirt: 5,000 points + EXTRA BONUS Shooting the robber wearing the green shirt: 3,000 points
EXTRA BONUS (SPECIAL BONUS) * When the Robber wearing a red shirt is shot at 0:00, one letter out of EXTRA in addition to 5,000 points can be earned. * Every time one letter out of EXTRA (shown on the lower left-hand side of the screen) is earned, the color of the letter turns into red. * When all of the EXTRA letters turn into red, the round is cleared. * At that time one HERO is added and a 20,000 point BONUS will be scored.
* When a robber in group (B) is shot under FAIR conditions, 200 points are awarded by SAM and HOPE and 500 points by ANN, depending on which hostage is being held by the shot robber at the time. * Shooting the rope which binds HOPE... 100 points * Shooting the dynamite... 1,000 points * When the children's hats are shot, they fly away one by one.
Round 1 Shoot the hats in each round. The points scored are calculated as follows: 100 + 200 + 300 = 600 points
Round 2 Shoot the 4 hats in each round. The points scored are calculated as follows: 100 + 200 + 300 + 400 = 1,000 points
Round 3 Shoot the 5 hats. The points scored are calculated as follows: 100 + 200 + 300 + 400 + 500 = 1,500 points
-ADVICE FROM PROFESSOR PLAYOR
* This is a game in which your "judgment", "reflexes" and "speed" are tested. Even an impatient player may at once be able to turn himself into a cool- headed gunman... * To begin with, your target is to clear 50 rounds. If you are successful in accomplishing this lofty objective, then your gun play is considered to be that of a real first-class marksman. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------